UNDER ARMOUR MOUTHGUARDS
We are proud that Chenin Orthodontics is the first AND only orthodontic office in Nevada that is an Official Provider of Under Armour High Performance Mouthgaurds. Almost 80% of dental emergency room injuries involve kids and young adults. We support "Moms For Mouthguards" and "Play it Safe" which are campaigns endorsed by the American Association of Orthodontists to increase awareness for the prevention of dental injuries.
The problem is that most people do not like and fail to wear over-the-counter mouthguards because they are reported to be uncomfortable and restrictive. Under Armour Performance Mouthguards solve these problems because they have been engineered for comfort and to unlock the power and endurance of athletes.
Under Armour Performance Mouthguards:
#1 – Comfortable, smooth, orthodontically precise, & custom molded to the athlete’s unique teeth/gums
#2 – Can actually ENHANCE athletic performance with patented ArmourBite® Technology*
Plus – They come totally customized with the athlete’s name, are super durable, have a full warranty, and are just plain COOL.
*During times of stress, concentration and athletic performance the natural tendency of athletes is to clench their jaw. This can actually inhibit an athlete’s performance by stimulating the release of excess amounts of Cortisol and Lactic Acid. ArmourBite® Power Wedges are uniquely shaped to help maintain optimal spacing and counteract the negative effects of clenching. This is also available in a high-visibility Black version, with or without the quick release strap for football or other helmets and meets the National High School Federation requirements. Hundreds of College, Professional and Olympic athletes have seen the difference Under Armour Performance Mouthwear has made for them. Professional baseball players that have never worn a mouthpiece now won’t play without it because they have seen what it does to help them perform at a higher level.
All Custom Mouthguards Have These Benefits:
- High-impact energy absorption and transmitted forces reduced upon impact
- 10 times more protection than off-the-shelf mouthguards
- Lip, cheek and chin lacerations
- Broken teeth
- Displaced teeth
- Fractures of the facial bones
- Injury to the jaw joints
- New research published in the JADA (Journal of the American Dental Association) has findings which show that use of the Under Armour custom fitted mouthpiece resulted in improved oxygen / carbon dioxide gas exchange parameters during physical excercise. This university study was conducted in part by the Citadel Department of Health, Exercise and Sports Science as well as the College of Charleston Department of Health and Human Performance.